We always have this query of what is the cost of interior design for our home? While detailed calculations are always possible and can be provided based on measurements, we have tried to define a rough estimate to guide you. Kindly note that any taxes are not included.
Another way is to go to this link and get a rough estimate for your home. But do read the post please.
What is the cost of interior design?
We have assumed that we are estimating costs for a new flat. The kitchen is modular L-shaped 8’X10′ with basic accessories. One bedroom has 7 feet wide four door wardrobe with loft above. Remaining rooms have 5 feet wide 3 door wardrobes with loft. One TV unit is also included in living room. Wiring, lights, paint etc is not included.
Below is a simple chart to give an idea of approximate costs keeping in mind the above items. Specifications are given below the chart.
|Low Cost – PLPB||Budget – Plywood with Laminate||Premium – Veneer and PU|
The specifications considered are as below:
- Budget and Premium category use plywood (ISI grade boiling water proof ply for lower cabinets in kitchen and ISI grade marine ply in all other areas). Low Cost uses pre-laminated particle board.
- Budget category has finish of internal 0.7 mm white or off white laminate with 0.8 mm edge banding. External finish is 1 mm laminate (max price Rs.1200 per sheet) with 2 mm PVC edge banding.
- Veneer in Premium category is priced upto Rs.120 per sft. PU is taken of solid color. PU will be done on MDF which will replace plywood.
- Hinges and channels are Hettich in all packages.
- Locks of Europa will be used on all double door wardrobes. Two drawers will also be provided in each wardrobe.
- TV unit will have two drawers and one open shelf and will be of width 4′.
- Modular kitchen includes three stainless steel baskets (cutlery, thali and plain basket) in the drawers.
- All work will be done in factory and executed within one month.
- Interior Design Ideas for small houses in India
- Living Room Interior Design Ideas for your new Home